Cellulite: 8 myths to dispel about the number one enemy of us women
We have all tried to eliminate it and fight it yet cellulite is a simple enemy: it is enough to know it and know how to behave to limit the damage. To do this, we must first of all dispel numerous myths and false beliefs.
Before revealing them, watch some exercises in this video aimed at fighting the annoying orange peel.
- · 1. If I lose weight, in addition to kilos, I also lose cellulite
- · 2. Cellulite is genetic
- · 3. Doing a lot of sport when young counteracts the appearance of cellulite at a mature age
- · 4. Cellulite only affects overweight people
- · 5. Creams totally and definitively defeat cellulite
- · 6. Liposuction eliminates the problem
- · 7. Cellulite only affects women
- · 8. Grandma's remedies don't work.
1. If I lose weight, in addition to kilos, I also lose cellulite
In most cases it is just a vain hope.If we are talking about cellulite in the third or fourth stage, it will hardly disappear with a diet, if instead we are talking about cellulite in the initial stages, mainly linked to water retention, then it could be significantly reduced following an ad hoc diet and thanks to natural remedies . For example, look at these detox foods that are perfect for purifying the body:
Is the microwave bad? The false myths to dispel
8 myths about the menstrual cycle we need to stop believing
Cellulite: the most effective natural remedies and the diet to combat it See also: Detox foods: foods for the detox diet
© iStock Detox foods: foods for the detox diet
2. Cellulite is genetic
Not quite true.
Genetics can actually play a role in having cellulite or not, but the factors that determine it are above all others: hormones, stress, poor eating habits and inactivity.
3. Doing a lot of sport when young counteracts the appearance of cellulite at a mature age
False. After the age of forty, things change because the problem is mainly linked to the female endocrine system and menopause. Cellulite can therefore appear at any age following hormonal alterations.
4. Cellulite only affects overweight people
At least in this there is divine justice. Cellulite can come to anyone, so even the very thin can have it.
5. Creams totally and definitively defeat cellulite
The disorder affects the subcutaneous layer and is therefore difficult to resolve with local treatments. Of course, there are treatments that can reduce the orange peel appearance, but they are not decisive. The magic cream that eliminates the problem once and for all has yet to be invented.
But there is always Photoshop
6. Liposuction eliminates the problem
Or rather, it eliminates the problem only temporarily because cellulite reforms. With liposuction, the effect is therefore eliminated but not the cause.
7. Cellulite only affects women
Cellulite can also be a male problem. Testosterone usually limits its formation but in the case of hormonal dysfunctions, humans can also be affected. Of course, we women are more prone to water retention and this doesn't help us!
8. Grandma's remedies don't work.
One in particular is very useful: massage. If you do a deep one you can help the fat pads to be freed from the connective tissue in which they are located, making their elimination easier.
Watch this video to learn how to perform an effective anti-cellulite massage.