The essential accessories for the white week
Who doesn't like the white and snowy landscape of the mountains? Are you debuting in the world of skiing and do not know if you have everything you need in your backpack to go on the snow? We have thought of everything: here is the list that we have prepared especially for beginners in the world of snow and skiing.
There are some basic tips you shouldn't miss - take note!
- It is super important to check which stations are open to the public and what level of difficulty they have.
- When you arrive at your destination, take a look at the map of the station: it is important to know where you are starting from and above all look at where you are leaving to know how to get back at the end of the day.
- It is essential to protect yourself from the cold with suitable thermal and waterproof clothing.
- Beware of the sun: even with low temperatures, the sun reflects on the snow and the rays hit: you risk getting burned!
- Don't overdo it on the first day: skiing can be a more difficult sport than you think especially if you are starting to practice it now. 3 or 4 hours on the first day will be more than enough!
- Don't forget to also experience the "après-ski": it is a different and fun way to experience the experience with your friends or family. In the ski resorts in addition to skiing, there are spas, bars and restaurants, and even nightclubs for enjoy the night. It will be an unforgettable experience!
How to organize the wardrobe: 10 essential accessories to arrange it
Here are the essential accessories for a few days on the snow:
Protect yourself from the sun with excellent snow goggles
As we said, the sun reflects in the snow and can burn and even dazzle you, so don't hesitate to buy good quality sunglasses with UV protection like these.
They are special for snow because they have anti fog (so they do not fog up) and anti scratch.
They are also compatible to fit any type of helmet and have no mount for a better view of the landscape.
Thermal and waterproof gloves are essential
Waterproof gloves for snow are very important: they will allow you to move comfortably and at the same time protect you from the cold and not get wet every time you fall in the snow. They are 100% waterproof, warm and even in the palms they include non-slip leather for added safety and support.Buy on Amazon for € 14.99
Also protect your feet with good quality thermal socks
It sounds silly, but the socks you wear are very important when you go skiing.
Think that your legs and feet will be the ones that will do almost all the work in this sport, with which it is very important to be well equipped. Also, when skiing, the boot tends to rest on the shins and exert some pressure, so a good pair of padded and reinforced socks like these can help you a lot in this area.
Don't forget to put the fleece under your jacket
As we have already said, in ski resorts the logical thing is that it is very cold, usually a few degrees below zero, so it is essential to cover up well and above all to bring a good thermal fleece under the jacket.
Specifically, this one from Columbia is designed for sports because at the same time it is light enough to make the skin breathe.
Protect yourself from the sun with sports-specific sunscreen
If there is a place where you have a better chance of getting burned, this is the snow! Much more than on the beach, mountains and especially snow, the sun's rays reflect on the ice, so you should protect yourself with sunscreen. if you don't want to end up roasted!
In particular, we also recommend the use of a sports specific protection such as Isdin which has a gel texture and is designed for athletes.
Your lips need to be protected, so get a good lip balm
Don't forget your lips, which will suffer from dryness and chapping due to low temperatures, and which you will need to constantly care for and protect with a good lip balm. It is recommended to put it inside a pocket and use it every hour or two.
We have selected this Carmex brand which is one of the most famous in the world for its high quality and also has a sun protection factor.
After-ski boots: glamor off the slopes
It is essential to bring some après-ski boots in your luggage to have the warm feet even when not skiing.
There are many different models, but we like these 100% waterproof Italian and iconic Moon Boots, warm and ideal for walking on the snow as if you were at home.
Even the little ones must be equipped!
And if you want to go on the snow with your children, you should know that they too will need to be super equipped and prepared, when they learn to ski with you.
There are some high quality baby gear like this that we have handpicked from the Columbia Kids' brand, which features a full jacket and ski suit.
Buy on Amazon for € 68.32 <