How to put on lipstick in 9 steps!
Putting the lipstick well and without smudging is not obvious, in fact, small precautions are needed to obtain a perfect and long-lasting result. Especially with a red or colored lipstick, the application of the lipstick requires some attention, but do not worry, below you can find all the tips to put the lipstick in 9 simple steps and show off a perfect result. to the actual application, up to the type of lipstick to prefer - matte or liquid - together with some tricks to enlarge the lips or, on the contrary, make them thinner, according to your needs. In short, ready to know everything about how to put the lipstick to show off flawless lips?
1. Moisturize your lips with a balm
First, you need to moisturize your lips, a fundamental step, often underestimated or skipped altogether. You can do this with a lip balm, which will help make your lips softer, allowing you to apply lipstick more evenly and effectively.
- Use a wax-based lip balm; avoid oily ones, which can leave greasy residues.
- Apply a light coat, don't overdo it.
How to choose the lipstick: the advice based on the complexion
How to grow your nails: 14 useful tips to put into practice right away
Pink lipstick: who is it good for and how to choose the right shade
Buy the Bioderma set of 3 balms on Amazon for € 11.91
A great way to have soft, velvety lips is to periodically scrub. You can opt for an organic and do-it-yourself version, 100% cheap and natural. Here is a video to make it comfortably at home!
2. Apply a thin layer of foundation to your lips
After having hydrated your lips, it is now time to proceed with a veil of foundation: take a very small dose and apply it on the lip contour, then blending it inwards.
This will help you apply the lipstick better and make it last longer. You can safely choose the same shade of foundation you use for your face.
Buy this foundation in stick format Max Factor on Amazon for € 10.90 (51% discount)
3. Use a lip liner
The use of a pencil with which to outline the lip contour is a non-fundamental step, which can however favor a better application of the lipstick and an impeccable final result: it defines the lips better and prevents possible smudging. It is important, however, to choose the suitable color of the lipstick. pencil and apply it correctly.
How to choose the right lip liner
- If you choose a dark lipstick, opt for a pencil of the same shade or a little darker. It will allow you to intensify the color of the lipstick and give a matte finish, much more chic and destined to last longer.
- If you choose a nude lipstick, opt for a pencil instead of the shade of the lipstick or foundation that you have chosen for your base. In fact, the pencil does not necessarily have to be seen: it can also have only a tactical function aimed at better defining the lip contour and making the drafting flawless.
4. If you prefer, apply the lipstick without a pencil
If you really don't like to emphasize the lip contour, you can still proceed with the application of the lipstick without a pencil; however, take care to apply it carefully, avoiding smudges and inaccuracies: start from the outline and then push yourself inwards.
5. Choose the lipstick color that best suits your complexion
High fundamental step: choosing the right color. Given that you can feel free to range between colors and shades that suit you best - since the choice of lipstick is also an "expression of your personality - below we give you some advice on the most suitable colors based on the type of complexion. Often in fact, the right tone can enhance us not a little, so why not exploit it? The first step is therefore to identify the tone and undertone of your skin, once you understand this, you can rely on these small rules to make the choice of the most suitable lipstick. you.
- If the skin is fair or diaphanous, opt for lipsticks in shades of pink, nude, coral or peach. If you have a cold undertone then, you can also go for more intense and decisive browns.
- If you have medium-light skin with a cold undertone, stay in shades of pink, but in its strongest shades, such as mauve, burgundy or blueberry. If, on the other hand, you have a warm undertone, it is better to opt for the more metallic shades of copper and bronze.
- If you go olive skin, you can range between many shades and nuances, even if the orange tones are undoubtedly the best for you.
- Finally, if you have dark or medium-dark skin, you should go for burgundy, plum or brown. Opt for shades close to burgundy, if you have a cold undertone, choose more metallic and bronze tones instead, if it is warm.
6. Apply lipstick
At this point you can proceed with the application of the lipstick. How? The best way not to make mistakes or make unsightly smudges, is to start from the center and apply it abroad, then going to refine the contours last.
Buy the Rimmel satin finish lipstick on Amazon for € 5.63.
7. Take a second pass
Now make a second pass to further refine everything and ensure a longer life. Remember to always carry it with you, for any tweaks during the day, if needed.
8. Blot the inside of the lips
Use a thin layer of paper tissue to dab your lips to avoid staining your teeth. A simple but not negligible detail, which allows you an impeccable result. After all, it is precisely the details that make the difference!
9. Use the powder for a long duration
Now use another layer of a handkerchief and place it on your lips, then apply some setting powder using a brush. This will help you make the lipstick last longer.
Tricks to enlarge your lips: how to have fuller lips with lipstick
If you have thin lips and want to make them fuller, you should pay attention to some details, such as the lipstick colors you choose. The application of the lipstick can help you a lot to get bigger and fuller lips: here are some little tricks to know to do it!
- First, avoid using very dark colors, which tend to shrink. Green light therefore to warm and luminous tones for your lips, which open and enlarge.
- Always by the same principle, you can light up the Cupid's bow - the space between the lips and the nose - with a white or ivory pencil and blend it slightly. The effect will undoubtedly be opening up and making your lips bigger.
- You can also apply a second shade of lipstick - obviously lighter - in the center of the upper and lower lip. But be sure to blend it slightly.
Lips too big? Here's how to have them thinner with lipstick!
If, on the other hand, your goal is to have finer and thinner lips, take a cue from these tips:
- Opt for dark colored lipsticks, taking care to choose tones that go well with your complexion.
- Apply the pencil slightly below the outline and then apply a veil of concealer to cover the natural line.
- Use two colors of two slightly different shades - one lighter and one darker - and apply the darker one on the part of the lip that you want to make less visible. So, for example, choose a darker and darker red to make the upper lip smaller, while opting for the brighter and brighter red variant for the lower one.
How to mattify lipstick: use blush!
If you are a lover of the matte finish, know that you can act on any type of lipstick with a very simple make-up. Get an opaque powder blush of the color of the lipstick you want to work on and apply a veil with your finger, so as to obtain a matte and refined result. This trick could be useful especially if you have particularly dry lips with which it would be better to avoid opaque lipsticks, which could dry them further, as well as chapping them. In this case, then use a normal lipstick and then use the matte blush to give it a matte finish. If you can't find the right shade of blush, try a matte eyeshadow: you will no doubt find the color you are looking for more easily!