Chicken with citrus fruits, the "Battle Horse" in Benedetta Parodi's kitchen
After the aspic with tomatoes, prawns and avocado, the war fish, Lisa's apple pie, the beetroot risotto with prosecco and saffron, the tomato tatin, the baby octopus with black rice, and the stuffed cold tomatoes, today it is Benedetta to reveal to us her "workhorse" in the kitchen: the main dish of her family handed down from generation to generation that has always made her look great at the table.
This recipe is also collected in the book "My Battle Horse" created by the Italian Friends of TCF Association, the proceeds of which will go to the girls of Pakistan.
This is one of the first courses I have tried. Just married on the occasion of the first dinners with friends made me look great. It is an easy and cheap recipe. Since then I have always continued to prepare it successfully!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
For the rice:
• 350 g of basmati rice
• 50 g of butter
• 2 tablespoons of parsley
For the chicken:
• 1 chicken breast
• 1 shallot • 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• flour to taste
• 1/2 pink grapefruit
• 1 orange • 1/2 lemon
• 1 sachet of saffron
• 1/2 glass of milk
• Salt and Pepper To Taste
PREPARATION 90 MINUTES:
• Put the rice to boil in plenty of salted water.
• Squeeze all the citrus fruits and keep the juice aside.
• Cut the chicken into small pieces, thinly slice the shallot and sauté it in a pan with the oil.
• Add the floured chicken cubes and brown them over high heat.
• Add salt and pepper, add the citrus juice and cook over low heat until it has shrunk a little.
• Dissolve the saffron in the warm milk, add it to the chicken and continue cooking over high heat to thicken the sauce.
• Serve with basmati rice seasoned with butter and parsley.
Enjoy your meal!
Papaya: how is it eaten? How to use this fruit in cooking
Light cooking: the secrets for dietetic cooking without sacrificing taste
Optimizing the spaces in the kitchen: here are the 10 tips from the expert