Make a glaze
Ingredients, for about 300 g:
1 egg white
250-300 g of sifted powdered sugar
-Pour the egg white into a cup and gradually incorporate the icing sugar, stirring with a whisk. Keep whisking until the mixture becomes compact and shiny, and takes on a covering consistency. The glaze should form small peaks when you take out the whisk.
- Cover the cup with a damp cloth for a few minutes before using the icing.
- Pour on the surface of the cake to be frosted. The glaze spreads slowly.
- With a metal spatula, spread the sugared dough until you get a perfect presentation!
- To make drawings or write on the cake, use a pastry bag. If you don't have it, make a cone out of parchment paper.
- For a colored and sour glaze, use orange juice (without pulp) or lemon instead of egg white. If the mixture is too liquid, add some powdered sugar.
- You can also replace the orange juice with water and flavor the glaze with cocoa, coffee or vanilla.
- Sure, for more color and flavor, you can use a natural flavoring or dye, but be careful not to put too much!