Hair care: how to take care of your hair in 7 simple steps
Hair care is very important for every woman: who among us does not want a beautiful, silky, luminous and above all healthy hair? Below you will find 7 moves (simple, but fundamental) to get a really sparkling hair.
Sometimes just a little more attention is really needed in the gestures we make every day, from shampooing to using the straightener. And those who learn how to take care of their hair never stop! Are you ready to start?
1. Hair care starts with washing
The first rule for taking care of your hair is to wash it correctly, to be done gently. First, wash your hair every three days. More frequent washing can cause excess sebum, which makes your hair greasy.
Shampoo is a fundamental beauty gesture. Always choose a product suitable for your hair type (dry, oily, colored, etc.) and a delicate formula that respects the pH of the scalp, hydrates and softens the hair fiber.
To get your hair in full shape, start by wetting it well, leaving it for a long time under the jet of water. Then put a little shampoo in the palm of your hand and apply it on the hair. Gently massage your scalp and then let it sit for a few moments.
Avoid doing two shampoos, this will sensitize your scalp unnecessarily! To rinse your hair, you can mix cold water with white or lemon vinegar, to obtain a luminous hair with brilliant reflections.
To renew the protective layer of the hair, regenerate it and make it more beautiful, apply a conditioner. Leave the product on for the time indicated and then rinse thoroughly. If you are brave you can finish with a jet of cold water to shrink the hair flakes and make them shine.
How to have perfect skin in 7 simple steps
Beauty routine: how to take care of the skin after 30
3 daily love gestures to take care of sensitive skin
Collistar purifying shampoo
A purifying and astringent shampoo guarantees a deep and complete wash. Just wash your hair with Collistar purifying shampoo twice a week to make it shiny, fresh and full of volume! The 250 ml pack is available on Amazon at a very special price: buy it now for only € 11.69!
Bed Head by Tigi regenerating and antioxidant shampoo set 2
To perfectly recover the vitality of your hair, you can use an excellent conditioner that is able to rehydrate it and prevent the loss of essential nutrients for a healthy hair! We offer you this set of Bed Head by Tigi that contains two regenerating balms of 750ml each ... a great deal, which guarantees you a supply for more than nine months at an unmissable price! Available on Amazon at € 17.04
2. Proper drying
Drying is also essential to take care of your hair. The best solution would be to let it dry naturally: take advantage of the summer to forget about the hair dryer! If, on the other hand, you are forced to use it, start by absorbing the excess water. of your hair with a towel and then adjust the thermostat of the appliance to a moderate temperature. Excessive heat damages the hair cuticle and your hair will appear duller and rougher to the touch.
Hair dryers with diffusers are to be preferred: they allow the heat not to concentrate too much on a specific area, circulating the heat and harming the skin less.
When choosing the brushes to use, favor models in natural material, which respect the hair fiber. No to plastic and bad quality combs and brushes: these are tools that are worth investing in! Avoid untangling your hair while it is still wet, as it may break more easily. Brush them lightly, so as not to damage the lengths and ends.
Here, in short, how to do it:
Hairizone universal diffuser
The universal diffuser is the ideal tool to dry your hair making it voluminous and without damaging your hair! Its structure distributes the air evenly to create curls and waves without frizz. The dimensions of this model are suitable for practically any type of hairdryer. Buy it on Amazon for only € 17.99.
TSH professional hair brush
If you are willing to invest a little more for a professional brush, you can go for the TSH brand. The brush sizes we have selected are ideal for both styling and everyday use. Buy on Amazon for € 8.99.
3. Hair mask: the best way to take care of it
If you want to take care of your hair, don't forget to make a mask at least once a week. Hair masks give your hair shine and volume, strengthening them and improving their manageability. There are many and specific ones for the most diverse needs.
Masks do not replace conditioners: they require a longer exposure time and their nourishing and moisturizing action is more intense, reaching deep into the hair structure making it stronger. During the summer they are particularly necessary, because our hair is subjected to greater stress (from sea water and swimming pool to simple exposure to the sun).
For a mask to be considered valid in hair care, it must be able not to weigh it down by occluding the pores, not damage the scalp, protect the color, give body and texture by fighting opacity and electricity, protect and restructure, eliminate greasiness and return shine.
The masks on the market, as we said, are many, but you can also try to prepare a natural homemade one. Try for example the one we recommend in the video below. You will only need flaxseed oil, white clay, apple cider vinegar, and cinnamon essential oil. After mixing a spoonful of clay with apple cider vinegar, add a few drops of linseed oil (rich in essential nutrients for the hair fiber) and a few drops of cinnamon oil (it will give your hair a great fragrance). After mixing everything, apply the mask on wet hair starting from the scalp and along the entire length.
Kerastase moisturizing mask
Kerstase's moisturizing mask regenerates damaged, brittle and dull hair. Just apply it once a week to make your hair healthier and shinier! Buy on Amazon for € 25.95 (35% discount)!
4. Regular snacks
It may seem like a contradiction, but it isn't: to take care of your hair, you need to cut it regularly. Frequent trimming will help them grow more lush and faster than before.
According to an average that obviously has many exceptions (the result depends very much on age or ethnicity), hair grows about 1.2 centimeters per month. The older you get, the more growth will slow down.
The hair should then be cut at least every two months: no one asks you to make a radical cut! Just a trim of a few millimeters is enough to strengthen them and eliminate split ends that end up ruining the lengths. The hair, in fact, is subjected to so many stress factors (from humidity to the hairdryer) that it takes very little to wear out.
5. A correct lifestyle
Leading a healthy lifestyle is important for healthy hair. In fact, good habits are enough to improve our health and, consequently, also that of our hair, which are greatly affected by every form of psycho-physical stress we suffer!
- For strong and shiny hair, therefore, you have to take care of yourself from the inside ... no more stress! Stress promotes excess sebum, the formation of dandruff and hair loss. To relieve tension, you can take a magnesium cure, excellent anti-stress, or practice disciplines such as Yoga.
- Exercise. Physical activity helps the body eliminate toxins in the form of sweat and sebum. After exercising, wash your hair thoroughly to remove traces of sweat.
- A balanced diet strengthens the hair! The food we eat gives the hair the nutrients it needs to strengthen itself from within, feeding through the follicles. With a healthy diet, we will first of all avoid their fall and make them softer and more resistant as a result.
- The foods to be preferred are first of all those rich in antioxidants, fruit and vegetables in the first place.Vitamin C is essential for the production of collagen, an essential component of hair and tissues: yes therefore to citrus fruits, kiwis, but also to broccoli and spinach! Another essential food for beautiful hair is insoluble fiber: you can find it in whole grains such as rice, wheat or oats. They also contain vitamin B6, which is very useful for oxygenating the follicles.
- Again: take a lot of iron and zinc: the first is found in beets and - in general - in green leafy vegetables, the second in foods such as meat, asparagus, potatoes and aubergines.
- Foods that contain omega 3 fatty acids and other essential fatty acids are also important for healthy hair. These include: almonds and fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines.
- Do not forget to take a lot of vitamin A: it has the ability, in fact, to prevent the sebaceous glands from drying out, and their functioning is essential to lubricate the follicles and prevent hair loss. You can find it in abundance in eggs, but also in extra virgin olive oil.
- Finally: drink lots of water! Hydration is very important to strengthen your hair: no one takes it off 2 liters a day!
Vegan food supplements
If you want to be sure you are providing all the nutrients your body needs, we recommend taking dietary supplements enriched with Zinc and Magnesium: the options are endless, but to help you we have selected the two best sellers on Amazon!
Buy the package Vitamin C vegan 1000mg + bioflavonoids + zinc on Amazon for € 14.97
Buy the pack of 90 zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6 capsules on Amazon for € 14.90
6. Choose the ideal care based on your hair type
Each type of hair requires different and appropriate care and it would be a mistake to generalize. Therefore always follow a specific treatment based on your hair type.
1) If you have oily hair, for example, know that the cause lies in an excess of sebum, which makes hair and scalp greasy. To cure them you need to normalize the production of sebum and take care of the skin. For this reason, it is necessary to act gently but deeply on the skin, massaging it gently with an appropriate purifying lotion.
2) Do you have dry hair? When the sebum secretion is insufficient, the hair flakes and dries up. There is only one solution: you need to hydrate it! The combination of a moisturizing shampoo and a nourishing mask is the winning combination for treating dry hair. Brushing it often with a soft boar hair brush helps distribute the sebum well.
3) If, on the other hand, you have dull and dull hair, it means that the scales of the hair shaft reflect light poorly. Here's how to treat them: Regularly rinse your hair with a rinse product that will restore shine and radiance to your hair.
7. Limit the use of the hair straightener!
The damage of the hair straightener is well known and, although the latest generation ones are decidedly less harmful than the old school, its daily use is still strongly discouraged.
The hair straightener, in fact, seriously damages the hair cuticles, which should never be exposed to temperatures above 180 ° C. In addition, the movement used to straighten the hair causes it to tear. The scalp can also be damaged by the high heat.
That said, if you can't do without the plate, be very careful to use it properly. First of all, use it on always dry hair, to avoid excessive thermal shock and dehydration of the stem which would make them dry and dull.
- Always divide the hair into locks no wider than 2 centimeters and, before passing them with the straightener one by one, spray each one with a special protective spray that allows you to limit damage to the cuticles.
- Never get to the root of the hair and, above all, never exceed the temperature of 220 ° at most, without going over a certain section too many times: 2-3 steps will suffice.
As already mentioned, the latest generation straighteners are the best: carefully choose a hair straightener made of materials such as ceramic, even better if with ions, which will make your hair less electric. Finally, remember that the plate must be cleaned and requires due maintenance.
And to choose the right cut for you, take a "look at the trendy cuts of this summer" by browsing our album:
© Pinterest Haircuts 2018: the unmissable trends of the summer!
Spaire hair steam straightener
Made of ceramic with tourmaline coating, the Spaire steam straightener distributes heat evenly throughout the hair avoiding any burns. Its Water-Lock function provides the necessary hydration so as not to damage your hair with the use of the straightener. Buy on Amazon for only € 39.99.